Trace Labs is a professional group with zero interest in anything but OSINT. We reserve the right to sanction or expel any member at any time.
The Trace Labs model is to crowd source individuals who come together to work as a team to help complete a worthwhile task. We understand and appreciate that everyone is different and has different opinions, values and preferences. However, this is not the space to discuss such matters. Instead, this is a place where open source enthusiasts can learn from each other while helping to find missing persons. Anything else lives on a different space.
Trace Labs is dedicated to providing a constructive and professional operating environment for open source intelligence gathering. We are unpaid professionals which means that even though we are acting in a volunteer capacity, we hold ourselves to the same professionalism that you would expect from a doctor or fireman. Our efforts impact the lives of real people.
We have zero interest in anything which may include occupation, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, physical experience, body size, race, religion, political focus or anything else that isn’t related to our mission.
Therefore, we support a harassment free experience for everyone, regardless of occupation, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, politics or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This also includes the family and friends of any missing person. Any form of contact (including tagging, friending, chatting, liking, etc) will be viewed as harassment and may even be viewed as interfering with an active criminal investigation by the police authorities.
Within the Trace Labs environment (s) harassment includes:
- Demeaning comments related to occupation, gender, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, body size, age, race, politics or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Gratuitous or off topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self harm.
- Stalking or doxing.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Continued communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent. Most of our members value their privacy. Trace Labs only asks for a persons email address so we may offer opt in communications. We do not want your real personal information nor do we want to see it posted by yourself or others.
This code of conduct applies to all Trace Labs spaces, including our meetups, events and chats, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of Trace Labs staff.